Organic Sweet Potato and Black Bean Nachos
- 750g sweet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tbsp Biona Organic Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 400g tin Biona Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed.
- 200g Tomato Salsa Hot or Mild
- 75g tortilla chips
- 100g grated vegetarian cheddar
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- A handful fresh coriander
- Sour cream to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-assisted). Toss the sweet potatoes in the oil on a roasting tray, season with salt and a grinding of black pepper, then bake for 30 minutes until caramelised and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the red onion with the vinegar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside to quick-pickle for 25 minutes.
- Turn the grill to a high heat. Top the sweet potatoes with the black beans and tomato salsa. Crush the tortilla chips in a bowl and mix with the grated cheese, then sprinkle over the potatoes. Grill for 6-8 minutes until everything looks golden and bubbling.
- Toss the chopped avocado with the lime zest and juice, then scatter over the nachos with the fresh coriander and pickled red onion. Serve straight away and enjoy!