Here is an easy lunchtime recipe for those working from home, tasty + nutritious and super easy to make. Also you can be creative with what goes in the ramen bowl, in fact, whatever you can find in the fridge! This is a flavoursome light broth that warms you from the inside out.
Easy lunchtime Mushroom + Miso Tohu Ramen
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
4 cups of Veggie stock
1/2 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
Sushi seaweed or Kombu
2 tablespoons miso paste
soy sauce + pepper to taste
Tohu (chopped into cubes)
Noodles (we love rice or udon)
Spring onions finely sliced
Handful of frozen edamame
- Caramelise the thinly sliced onions in oil, then add the smashed garlic.
- Add the veggie stock, plus the dried shiitake and seaweed. Keep the heat to medium and keep topping up with more water if needed.
- Add the miso paste, soy + pepper to taste.
- The longer you leave to simmer, the better, around 25 mins later it’s ready to eat.
- Add to the broth cooked noodles, all accompaniments + the cubed Tofu