Makes: Approx. 2.4L
Prep time: 25 mins + 3 hours chilling time
Cook time: N/A
• 12 tbsp of aquafaba
• 130g coconut nectar
• 130g maple syrup
• 325ml brandy/cognac
• 300ml cashew cream (160g of cashews, soaked + 160 ml water)
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• Extra nutmeg for grating
- 1. Mix together the coconut nectar, brandy and maple syrup and let this sit for about an hour.
2. Next, make the cashew cream by whizzing together the drained cashews with water and a pinch of salt in a high-speed blender. Adjust the water if needed, adding more to thin out the cream.
3. Whisk the Cashew Drink, cashew cream, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon into the mixture from step one. And put this in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
4. When this has chilled, whisk your aquafaba with a pinch of sea salt to form stiff peaks and fold these into the boozy Cashew Drink mixture. Check the flavour and adjust with more brandy or spices, if you wish.
5. Return to the fridge and chill before serving. Serve chilled with an extra
Allergy info: nuts
Recipe by Nena Foster
You’re a rude elf when… your eggnog brings all the boys to the yard.