Grilled Plum & Green Bean Salad
Serves 2 // Vegan // Total time : 20 minutes
150 g green beans
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
70 g spinach
50 g mixed salad leaves
A large handful of basil leaves
30 g walnuts, toasted and chopped
40 g vegan feta (greek white block), crumbled
- Halve the plums and discard the stones.
- Preheat the BBQ or a griddle pan.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes to speed up the grilling process and make sure your green beans aren’t too crunchy. Drain.
- Griddle the plums and green beans until they have softened and have grill lines.
- While they’re cooking, mix the shallot, mustard, olive oil and lemon juice together, seasoning well. This is your dressing.
- When your peaches and green beans have cooked, toss them in a large bowl with the dressing. Add the spinach and salad leaves and toss again.
- Arrange your salad on a platter. Scatter with basil leaves and sprinkle over toasted walnuts and crumbled vegan feta.