An easy pancake recipe with Organic Traditions
Pancake day is around the corner, 21 February to be exact, and it's safe to say we're excited. Here to take the hard work out of cooking, Organic Traditions’ gluten-free Pancake & Waffle Mixes bring wholesome goodness back to breakfast.
They combine certified gluten-free oat flour, healthy fat packed coconut flour and prebiotic rich green banana flour. Unlike any other gluten-free pancake mix, Organic Traditions uses organic green banana flour for added fibre. To make green banana flour, bananas that are not yet ripe are harvested, peeled and dried before being turned into flour.
Choose from three delicious flavours: original, chocolate and matcha and get ready to flip.
How to make Organic Traditions Pancakes:
- Whisk together 1 egg or egg substitute (combine 1 tbsp of ground flax with 2.5 tbsp of water and allow it to sit for 5 minutes) with ¾ cup of your milk of choice or water and 2 tbsp of oil.
- Combine with ¾ cup of Organic Traditions Pancake & Waffle Mix.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Ladle approximately ¼ cup of the pancake batter per pancake into the warmed pan.
- Flip when bubbles appear and the edges are golden brown (approximately 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve warm with a drizzle of Organic Traditions Yacon Syrup (a wonderful low sugar, prebiotic rich table syrup alternative), some fresh fruit and a sprinkle of Organic Traditions Shredded Coconut and Hemp Hearts.
Discover the full Organic Traditions range of superfoods and more here.